Thursday, February 21, 2013

Grilled Cheese Rolls

So these grilled cheese rolls were all over Pinterest. When I looked in my cabinet and saw the Tomato Bisque hiding there, I knew I was gonna have to give these a try.  So here we go:

Grilled Cheese Rolls

So the link for this can be found here and there's some amazing pictures if you're curious.

Recipe/Directions:

Cut the crusts of your bread. Flatten your crustless bread squares with a rolling pin and then top with one piece of American Cheese (do not be tempted to use more cheese, in this case one is enough).  Roll your cheese squares up and cook them in a pan with melted butter over medium heat. (Seam side down first to secure them) (rolling occasionally in the buttered pan to crisp all sides) until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.  Remove from pan and your Grilled Cheese Rolls are ready to enjoy!

Notes:

Yeah, this is an example of one of those awesome pinterest things that just don't work out like that in real life.  I was a bit skeptical that the recipe would be as simple as the link suggested, plus I don't think I trust anything that says to get rid of the crust (aka the best dipping part of a grilled cheese!).

I had the pan at medium heat like noted but the second I put the roll in the pan, the outsides got crispy and burnt.  Then my seam didn't secure at all and the cheese didn't melt.

I planned on making 3 of the roll ups because I always have the dilemma of 1 sandwich isn't enough, 2 is too much.  I ended up making 1 roll up and 1 regular grilled cheese.  Maybe I'll try this again later but honestly, I probably won't decide it's worth trying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment