Friday, September 27, 2013

Campbell's Skillet Sauces - Marsala

So today's post isn't about a new recipe really, just a review of a product I tried for dinner the other day.

(Picture from Campbell's website <www.campbellsauces.com>)

Campbell's Skillet Sauces, the Marsala variety. 

In theory, the Campbell's sauces seem like a great simple meal for busier evenings - brown up meat, stir in sauce, cook for a few minutes and serve over pasta or rice. Tada.

Well, the result wasn't quite what I had hoped. I obviously didn't expect Italian restaurant quality sauce for a few bucks in the supermarket aisle but this still didn't near my expectations. The color and consistency wasn't like any other Marsala sauce I've ever had and the taste just wasn't what I was expecting. I wouldn't recommend the product to anyone else.

Ah well- it was a pretty cheap and easy meal.  But I wouldn't consider getting again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment