Monday, November 25, 2013

Chicken Tortilla Bake

When wondering around Pinterest and the like, I try really hard to only save things I can in some way replicate.  What good is the picture of someone's dinner if there's no instructions on how to make it myself?

This recipe came from one that fell through the cracks.  The description explains that it's a 5 item recipe using only chicken, tortilla, rotel, cream of chicken soup and cheese.  The link gives me a recipe that doesn't really match the description. Same concept of dinner but loads more ingredients and such.  So here's my attempt just using the 5 items listed and trying to make the best of it.

Chicken Tortilla Bake

Ingredients

4 Tortillas - I used Mission Carb Balance Soft Taco flour tortillas, 8 ct to a package so I used half.
1 Can Rotel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
2 Cups "Fiesta Blend" cheese - This is a mix of Monterey Jack, Cheddar, Queso Quesadilla, and Asadero cheeses but I'm sure any cheese will work.
1 lb of Chicken
Bonus Ingredient: Few tablespoons of Sour Cream

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350.
Cut the Chicken and Tortillas into bite sized pieces. Layer in a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
Pour the Rotel Tomatoes and Chiles and the Soup into the dish.
Sprinkle cheese on top.
Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Serve with Sour Cream on top (if desired).

Pre-Oven, it didn't last long enough once cooked to have a photo shoot.

Notes

The amount of cheese is approximate.  I had about 1/2 of an open cheese blend in the refrigerator and used the rest of that.  It probably could've used just a bit more.

That's really my only comment, I'm really please with how it came out.

Boyfriend specifically requested this and was pleased with the results so hazzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment