Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Italian Chicken Bake

The pin last nights dinner was inspired from is the reason why I copy and paste ingredients and directions to the blog whenever I make something. I don't rely on a link working.  The pin this came from was repinned over and over, enough that the link doesn't go anywhere.

Based on the description, I think I did a decent enough job of recreating it but either way... here we go.

Italian Chicken Bake

Ingredients

1.5 lbs of Chicken
1 Can of Green Beans (or other vegetable would likely be a fine substitute)
3 Eastern Potatoes (I used 3 Eastern Potatoes)
1 Stick of Butter
1 envelope of salad dressing mix (I used Kraft Thick and Creamy Italian Anything Mix)

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350.

I had 3 larger full sized chicken breasts that I slit in half (so 6 pieces of chicken) that I lined along the bottom of my pan.

Open the green beans and line along one side of the pan.

Cut the potatoes into smaller chunks and line along the other side. (I went with 3 potatoes, 1 for each full sized chicken breast)

Melt the butter and pour into the pan.

Sprinkle the Italian mix on top of everything.  I stirred a bit to try and coat everything but I don't know how necessary/helpful that was.

Bake for an hour.

Notes:

I may have gone overboard with the potatoes.  Seemed like a lot as we were eating.  And the larger pieces weren't quite cooked all the way through so either precook them a smidge or cut to smaller pieces next time.

The prep was quick so most of the wait is just baking so it's pretty easy.

Boyfriend really enjoyed it though - downing 2 larger plates worth faster even than usual.  He said it was definitely worth repeating.

Yum.



No comments:

Post a Comment